Re: refractory clay - crucibles

From: Judie (judiej50)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 03:25:23 PDT

    Just returned from the Rodin exhibit at the Museum in Raleigh, North
    Carolina. It was wonderful and worth the 7 hour-one way--drive from
    Atlanta. About 120 of his pieces, some that were the first time out of
    France--very crowded!!! As part of the exhibit, there was a video on the
    lost wax process. Also, one of the brochures outlined the process,
    unfortunately, they were out of the brochure.

    I think in the textbook "Art in Focus" there is a chapter on the lost wax
    technique or you might do a websearch on the topic.

    Good luck.

    Judie

    >When I did lost wax casting....I poured this type of mixture into
    >crucibles....I used a mixture that is manufactured for dental mold
    >companies....try searching the web for lost wax casting...I'm sure you'll
    >find someone more up to date on this process and use of the centrifugal
    >machine............
    >
    >Maranda

    ---