Re: The Napkin Idea/little ones ideas

From: maryannkohl (maryann)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 15:48:43 PDT

    >I forget who passed on the idea of magic markers on napkins this week, but
    >I used it today with the Elements of Design in _Drawing with Children_ to
    >teach symmetry. I had everybody put their napkin on the table w/ the big fold
    on left, and
    >small folds at top, then did the excersize. This was 7th and 8th graders,
    >and they LOVED it. :)

    This post reminds me --- for art ideas::::
    Those of you who teach older kids, say from grade three on, be sure to
    check out books and websites that are directed to preschool and young
    children. These ideas, such as the napkin idea above, can be done with
    older kids with all together new learnings and successes and
    applications. And I guess those of us who teach younger kids can also
    benefit from ideas that you high school and middle school teachers do!
    Open minds...yee-haw.

    maryann
    http://www.brightring.com

    ---