Re: Paperclay

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 13:06:53 PDT

    Jennifer- Yes - two years ago the mother of one of my ceramic students
    brought me
    a large amount of paperclay. I experimented with it and really liked it for
    light weight
    things - I made mostly jewelry. The paper fired out and left the clay airy
    and abit
    more fragile than I liked. I have her write up on her methods at school -
    somewhere.
    Will remember you when I run across it. If I remember right she used equal
    parts
    of clay slurry and newspaper slurry. Mixed together. Let dry until
    workable. I fired
    it along with the other clay pieces at cone 05

    I would also like to know more about this clay and exactly how to process and
    fire it.
    So anyone knowledgable out there let us both know. Roberta

    ---