RE: Measuring

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 13:58:10 PDT

    > Ok now I will hide under the couch and wait for the backlash.

    Shar,

    Shouldn't be ANY backlash. The metric system is infinitely more rational
    and easier to work with. The standard inch, foot, yard, mile system is very
    difficult to understand for young children. Metric is logical; they can see
    the sense of working in groups/powers of ten.

    Perhaps if we'd converted sooner, we might not have missed Mars with the
    Orbiter!

    Lar

    ---