Re: Measuring

From: Sea Pearly (seapearls_)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 12:16:01 PDT

    um um um-
    can I put in a plug for the metric system now?

    I am a Canadian and we use the metric system- a system of 10 and I and my
    students haven't any measuring problems-I think this is why the system
    changed over 30 years ago-it is easier-lets face the old system of inches
    and stuff is hard.

    Also like so many things learned in math-when there is no real world
    application it gets lost in space. Give students the chance to use their
    knowledge and they will get better at it.

    Ok now I will hide under the couch and wait for the backlash.

    Shar