The Napkin Idea

From: L. P. Skeen (lpskeen@living-tree.net)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 11:32:00 PDT

    I forget who passed on the idea of magic markers on napkins this week, but I used it today with the Elements of Design in _Drawing with Children_ to teach symmetry.

    I had everybody put their napkin on the table w/ the big fold on left, and small folds at top, then did the excersize. This was 7th and 8th graders, and they LOVED it. :)

    Thanks to whomever came up with the napkin idea.

    L. P. Skeen www.living-tree.net
    Living Tree Pottery & Handmade Soaps
    Summerfield, NC
    "Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill
    and a laxative on the same night." -- unknown

    ---