Re: gifts and flower pots, pumpkins, and nerves!

From: Sally & Mike Engle (salnmike)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 08:59:56 PDT

    Michal,
        Thanks for the portfolio ideas! I am planning to make them, but I'm not
    sure exactly how to use them - what to keep in them, what to send home, etc.
    (Of course, the 12 x 18 paper is part of the order I'll get...?) I really
    like the idea of a reference sheet attached. I'll have to work on one for
    each grade level.
        As a former thrid grade teacher - I really understand the guleing
    lesson! That's one that is a perpetual lesson for some kids! It's hard to
    convince them that more glue does not make it stick better.
        Thanks for the encouragement and ideas! (Just get through the firstday,
    just get through the first day, ...I'll keep telling myself!)
    Sally^.^

    > My first day project is the same every single year. I use 12x18"
    portfolios
    >for every student. They will receive their portfolios on the first day
    >(sometimes I have the older kids make their own). They will write their
    names on
    >the top and we will have our first gluing lesson/review. I have a sheet
    that
    >attaches to the front of their portfolios - legal size color sheet that I
    >create.

    ---