Re: limited number of subbing days or they'll HAVE to hire me!

From: KPRS (KPRS)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 08:39:52 PDT

    This breakdown of pay is typical in my district of long term sub pay. Word to wise, watch out on the 14th day they may not call you in to break up the 'run' of days, so that you have to start the 'run' all over again...thereby saving them money. Also, our district is reluctant to hire subs as full time teachers. I don't know why. Money is 'tight' in all districts because of a variety of factors, not the least of which being that we are tax payer funded, and that salaries/pension/benefits are a big chunk of school budgets.

    San d

    ---