gifts and flower pots, pumpkins, and nerves!

From: Sally & Mike Engle (salnmike)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 08:21:15 PDT

    This flower pen is a project I did with my Third graders for several years.
    We painted small terra cotta flowers potsand stuffed them with floral foam.
    Then we hot glued the lid into the foam and made a pen holder. We dressed
    out the top of the pot with Spanish moss and small silk flowers. The kids
    loved them and so did the parents.
    Cool! I can take at least one of my faithful projects with me into the Art
    room!
    Don't know if this would work with the food art questions, but with our
    nutrition unit I always mad soft sculpture pumpkins with my 3rd. Knee highs,
    fiberfill, rubber bands, and tempera mad beautiful pumpkins.
    We start the 21st and I am really getting scared! I just got the last year's
    order form last Friday, so My order will not be in for the start of
    school.Oh bother! Just somebody tell me I can do this!!!!!!!!!!
    Sally^.^
    > I made the cutest thing for the secretary. I took a Papermate ink pen
    or
    >a Bic type pen and removed the little cap off of the end. Next you wrap
    the
    >pen with green florist tape. Begin in the middle, twirling and stretching
    the
    >tape down to the point and then back up to the top. Tuck the tape end into
    >the hole a little and then you get a silk Gerber daisy and hot glue it into
    >the hole. You can tie on a green bow under the flower if you like

    ---