Re: painting flower pots with acrylic

From: artrageous
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 07:18:25 PDT

    I painted some flower pots a couple of years ago as gifts, and so far so
    good--they're doing fine.

    While I'd read one thing that said NOT to paint the inside of flower pots, I
    knew the moisture would eventually damage the paint. So I used white (or
    black) interior latex paint as a "primer" and then painted the designs on
    with regular acrylic paint.

    Don't use any type of enamel or oil-based paint though--someone told me that
    it would kill the plant.

    I did a local scene on one of the pots (interesting, trying to get it to
    come out in a round design!) and then I painted a still life with apples on
    the other one.

    Sharon
    EMAIL: artrageous
    AIM: SKBK56, ArtrageousSBK, & others