Re: Art Budgets (Custodians are special)

From: Michal (whest177)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 23:10:29 PDT

    The only "important" person that I have problems impressing (that I care about
    her opinion anyways) is my elementary principal. She signs my evaluations and
    doesn't like any noise in the classroom (my biggest mark down - I love to "hear"
    children learning!). I have found that making her look good gets me brownie
    points. So I hang boo-koo exhibits, send artworks to be displayed around the area,
    get my stuff in the local newspaper, write up articles for the school newspaper,
    etc etc etc. Anything that gets my program noticed favorably gets her recognition.
    She seems to think that all those compliments she gets about the art department is
    because of how she "whipped me into shape". I think it's because I talk up my
    program to anyone who will listen - actually I have them all brainwashed! *LOL*
    BTW- my superintendant is a bozo who doesn't like my program ever since little
    darlin spent all her class time flirting instead of working and got herself a big
    ol' B. But he's a moron and that thought is shared by ALOT of people, so I don't
    worry about it. I just make sure I'm in good with the school board :-).
    ~Michal

    > Having three schools I have a real variety of responses- from God sent
    > helpers to barely interested... I do try my hardest to make those
    > connections. Is there anyone out there who has overcome obstacles in making
    > connections with the important people?
    > Looking for ways to connect (have tried gift giving and am always respectful),
    > Kerry

    ---