Re: BTS Marker Wars at Target and WalMart

From: Kathypugh
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 17:47:53 PDT

    I would also buy basics at Walmart when I taught elem. I had a $600. budget
    for 600 students. I would include a wish list in our school newsletter every
    month. Parents begin to remember that you can use almost anything, and
    wonderful things would be donated. One parent brought in lots of 16"x24"
    sheets of scratch board. It really spurs on your creativity to plan lessons
    around your donated treasures.

    Besides an overview of what was happening in the art room, and the wish list,
    I would also include helpful hints in the newsletter. How to best to remove
    certain art room stains, Christmas and birthday "art supply" ideas and summer
    activity ideas for their children. I would also thank them profusely for the
    previously donated items.

    Kathy

    ---