Re: food art, free ideas

From: maryannkohl (maryann)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 13:05:53 PDT

    >I am looking for some food-art projects for kids to do at the Family Day
    >event at my museum.

    If you can get a copy of "Cooking Art" at your library, it is full of
    non-cook projects. Try the Gryphon House website for "free activities"
    from Cooking Art ... Not sure what they have on their site at this time,
    but here's the URL:

    http://www.ghbooks.com/getpage.cfm?file=/activity/18237.html&userid=1033132
    7

    Following is one of the activities Gryphon House has for free access
    (there area bout ten others) from Cooking Art:
         This one is a non-bake or cook dough
    for making logs for building a "log house"
    or other free sculpture ---

    Little Log Buildings

    Ingredients
    1/3 cup peanut butter
    3 tablespoons honey
    1/2 cup crushed corn flakes
    1/2 cup quick oatmeal
    1/4 cup dry milk
    chocolate sprinkles

     Utensils
    measuring cups and spoons
    mixing bowl
    wooden spoon
     baking sheet

    Process
    1. Place the peanut butter and honey in a mixing bowl and mix well with
    the wooden spoon.
    2. Add the corn flakes, oatmeal and milk to the peanut butter mixture and
    mix well.
    3. Pinch off a small amount of the dough mixture.
    4. Roll the small amount of dough into 2"-long X 1/2"-wide logs.
    5. Place the sprinkles on the baking sheet.
    6. Roll the logs in sprinkles.
    7. Stack the logs on a plate on top of one another in a building
    formation.
    8. Serve the building as a yummy dessert.

    maryann
    http://www.brightring.com

    ---