food art

From: Dawn Wilson (dawn1881)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 12:03:50 PDT

    I am looking for some food-art projects for kids to do at the Family Day
    event at my museum. We have an exhibition in December which features quilts
    made by artists and chefs (all dealing with food of course). I wanted to
    feature a kid's art activity which would be "art good enough to eat". I have
    one obvious project (cake decorating) on reserve, but wanted to look for
    other creative suggestions as well.

    One hitch to this is that the kids can't actually cook in the museum and
    this would be a project which would have to serve a large number of children
    over the course of the day. I am considering an EZ-Bake cook-off though...

    Any ideas??

    Dawn Wilson
    Education Coordinator
    Fuller Museum of Art