Re: Local District control questions

From: PHimmelber
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 07:40:38 PDT

    Larry, thanks for breaking it down into bitesized chunks.... and more
    questions. Agreed, that basic skills and general knowledge and the arts
    should be delivered. Question... what about those Spanish speakers just south
    of me and soon to be all around us? Will national policy determine how that
    is to be resolved? I have as much problem with the folk not in Kansas
    implying by their majority support that theory is truth. Not that I maintain
    one theory over the other but that if we allow our politicians to decide for
    us then we have only ourselves to blame. If a majority decides this, then,
    right or wrong, that's the way it is to be. This demonstrates the danger
    inherent in majority descisions... but happily it is reversible. I feel for
    Woody in the midst of all of that narrow thinking. Adios. Peter

    ---