Re: Class load for HS <LYR3839-20193-2000.08.06-20.00.38--fmaiu+#pitt.edu>

From: Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 06:40:26 PDT

    I have five different courses to teach each semester. With four year
    classes Art I-Iv and first semester ARt connections-an art history based
    course and second semester Graphic Design I-a computer based course 9new
    for me this year)Another teacher in our group also has five courses; Art
    i, Woodcrafts i and Ii, Leathercrafts I Artmetal I. A part time teacher
    has two-Ceramics I and Crafts I (she teaches three periods, one lprep) I
    am dept chair and have no other duties unless I sub during that period.

    THe other teachers in the dept-Ceramics I, Ii and Adv Ceramics; Graphic
    Design I and II.
    In our school part time teachers are available four periods and usually
    teach 3 with a prep period; most full time have five periods to teach, one
    prep, one HR and lunch, one duty (study hall,e tc)

    We have no limit for "special area or elective areas" as in the academic
    areas. Fran