high school classes

From: KPRS (kprs)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 04:31:21 PDT

    Our day is 7 periods of 47 minutes each. We offer 7 different art
    classes. When I was the only art teacher I could get all 7 preps (with
    mixed prep classes), within a 5 period time slot, with 1 period as a
    teacher prep period, and 1 period as a 'duty'. Our union prohibits
    teaching 6, (without a duty), unless you volunteer and get paid to do
    it. Part time in our district means anything less than having all of
    those time slots filled, so theoretically you could teach 4 classes, and
    be short one 'assigned' period, and be considered part time because you
    are short one assignment.

    My personal schedule for September is more 'heckish' than any other. I
    will have 5 preps, in 3 different departments (and hence three different
    rooms). One of the preps will be the Advanced Placement Art History
    course--the first year out, AND being the yearbook adviser, and training
    a teacher to be my yearbook replacement. (Here's hoping I survive all of
    this!)

    San D

    ---