Junior High

From: Felsecker (felsecker)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 23:05:43 PDT

    Hello to all!
        This is a general question to all you teachers out there who teach at the junior high level...specifically seventh graders. Could you let me know what you feel are the most common characteristics of that age group and how you deal with this age? So many people say that this is the WORST age group to teach and yet,...I hear from other teachers that they LOVE this age group.
        My daughter is going to be teaching 7th grade Health classes. She practice taught a 2nd grade class and when someone asked her recently what school she was going to be teaching in (first professional teaching job) and what grade, they remarked , "Oh, you mean you'll be teaching at the "zoo"?" I've told her to begin tough as nails and don't even think about smiling until Christmas! (that may be a little much, maybe???) ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    Barb

    ---