Re: Class load for HS

From: Bicyclken
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 21:24:27 PDT

    In a message dated 08/06/2000 8:00:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    jaegmil writes:

    > For those of you that are teaching high school art. How many different
    > classes are you teaching?
    >
    > What is an acceptable number of preps for a part-time teacher?
    > How many preps for a full time teacher?

    I am currently teaching Art 2,3,4, Independent study, and AP studio.

    I am not sure what you mean by acceptable. The district will let you teach
    as many preps as you want our they can give you. I feel that our union holds
    to 3.

    I feel that in art you can teach what you want and since these classes were
    my idea I am stuck with doing them all. I am not teaching my graphic arts
    class this year because I am waiting for a new lab and when complete this
    will make it better. Then I will teach 6 preps and go crazy as always.

    Ken Schwab
    San Jose CA

    ---