Re: Begging

From: Janjarreau
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 20:20:21 PDT

    Hello again,
        Yes I can believe it. My situations an AVERAGE of 2.00 per student
    (unless I have more than 300 kids which I think will be the case). I think
    Jill gets less than that. Here is what I am doing. I cannot ask for money
    from the kids, but I can give them a list. I wrote a killer newsletter and I
    will try to post it. I started with a letter to the parents followed the
    supply list then with a sincere note to the parents and let them know my need
    without offending the principal. (good politics) Next I put in my rules
    followed by my consequences. (I did this with a slight sense of humor, yet
    they get the message. I have been checking out the other classrooms and they
    all have different rules. I think kids could easily tune the rules out
    unless you make it interesting. Kinda gives them something to talk about.)
    NEXT, I ended with a list of recyclables. It was 2 pages and I will copy it
    on 1 page.
        I will also have a giving tree set up in my room by orientation and will
    pull it out as often as I can. I plan to do a fund raiser. It's gonna be OK.
    Janice
    lpskeen@living-tree.net writes:>
    > Well y'all, it really does pay to know somebody who knows somebody. I was
    > hired on Friday to teach 7th & 8th grade art classes part time. I have a
    > really humongous budget - a whopping $3.00 per kid for the whole year.
    (That
    > was sarcasm you read there, or maybe IRONY, in case you missed it<GG>), and
    I have to buy everything - paint brushes, paper, scissors - there are not
    even
    > crayons for my classes if you can believe it.

    ---