Re: art budgets and "power in the school" lesson plan

From: Janjarreau
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 19:49:19 PDT

    LMiller435 writes:
    > You've just learned one of the most important things every new teacher
    > needs to know: make friends with your janitor and suck up to him big
    > time. This goes for the secretaries, too. They are the people who
    > really control things and can make your life a lot easier.>
    > Maggie >>
    Hey Maggie,
        I made the cutest thing for the secretary. I took a Papermate ink pen or
    a Bic type pen and removed the little cap off of the end. Next you wrap the
    pen with green florist tape. Begin in the middle, twirling and stretching the
    tape down to the point and then back up to the top. Tuck the tape end into
    the hole a little and then you get a silk Gerber daisy and hot glue it into
    the hole. You can tie on a green bow under the flower if you like. It is
    precious and sells for 6.00 in the stationary stores. It is cute to display
    it in a glass with clear marbles (looks like water) or in a clay flower pot.
    She has rubber bands in a clay pot and the pen stands up in it. I didn't
    think about the bookkeeper. I will do her one too. I can tell she has a bad
    attitude toward ordering for teachers. NOTE: This could turn into a cute
    lesson if you have them hand make the flower. Hey!! I can use that copy
    paper and have them make the flowers and use markers to color the paper. See
    yall; I'm gonna be just fine!
    Janice

    ---