Begging

From: L. P. Skeen (lpskeen@living-tree.net)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 18:24:55 PDT

    Well y'all, it really does pay to know somebody who knows somebody. I was hired on Friday to teach 7th & 8th grade art classes part time. I have a really humongous budget - a whopping $3.00 per kid for the whole year. (That was sarcasm you read there, or maybe IRONY, in case you missed it<GG>), and I have to buy everything - paint brushes, paper, scissors - there are not even crayons for my classes if you can believe it.

    When I go begging for supplies, ie: mat board, paper, etc., is it kosher to tell the prospective patron the sad amount of my budget? "Please Sir, I only have $3.00 to spend per child this year and I could really use all the help I can get." (Did you hear that Dickensian accent in there? ;0) )

    Good thing I've had my eye on that "art on a budget" thread we've been having.....

    TIA

    L. P. Skeen www.living-tree.net
    Living Tree Pottery & Handmade Soaps
    Summerfield, NC