Re: wheel bats

From: D. L. Sterner (dsterner)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 17:10:10 PDT

    I will be making bats also. To date, I have been using plaster and I
    replace them as they chip or break.
    I use a simple pie tin mold, them secure the bat to the wheel using clay.

    Reading this thread leads me to believe there is a better way. I look
    forward to more suggestions!

    One question though....Using polyurethane so they don't absorb water? I
    thought I wanted the bat to absorb water so the bat "sticks". Please
    explain. I am a painter, not a potter.
    deb