art budgets and "power in the school"

From: LMiller435
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 11:47:38 PDT

    << > I found the man
    > with the power. The custodian of my hall. He is so nice and bends over
    > backwards to please. I brought him cucumbers from the garden and will make
    > him cookies next week.

     Janice,

     You've just learned one of the most important things every new teacher
     needs to know: make friends with your janitor and suck up to him big
     time. This goes for the secretaries, too. They are the people who
     really control things and can make your life a lot easier.

     Maggie >>
    LET US NOT FORGET THE BOOKKEEPER! Well I think it is perfectly clear here who
    runs the school. :-))
    Reatha

    I wish it were true that the Custodian and secretary were the power behind
    the school. They both have hearts of gold and care very much.

    Unfortunately our Principal is the power and came in, new to the system last
    year, with comment about "making the teachers behave."

    Very sad.

    Leslie