Re: Printing the grid directly on image~Judith

From: PHimmelber
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 10:17:13 PDT

    "What are we going to do with all of that time we save...", as Skinny Harris
    used to say, when we don't have a grasp of how we got there? I am not
    attacking the use of technology... I simply don't see its application in lieu
    of using a fundamental skill. If Carolyn's students are all proficient with
    measuring, by all means, save some time. The response to the measuring
    thread, however, seems to indicate that there is not a majority of students
    who understand how to measure. This has expanded into other realms, ie. whose
    responsibility to teach basic skills and multiple examples of a failure to
    get these skills across. In our rush to teach efficiently perhaps we are not
    giving our students a complete education. Peter

    ---