Printing the grid directly on image

From: mdecker (mdecker)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 08:40:55 PDT

    This is in defense of Carolyn's use of technology to print the grid. The
    purpose of technology is to make us more efficient...to save time. When I
    first started to use technology, it took me LONGER do things. I have been
    using the computer now since 1992 and I am finally saving time using
    technology. BTW, she did figure out a way to do it in PhotoShop. I am going
    to use her same procedure using PhotoDeluxe. Carolyn previously used a
    transparency grid (run through the photocopier, I assume--this is what I
    use, too). Students then use the rulers and measure to make the grid larger
    for their art project. The one inch grid is enlarged (I even add the
    challenge by having the students enlarge 300% or 400%--they have to figure
    that one out---It is always the better students who catch on right away and
    tell the class how many inches the grid will be). Remember, the Renaissance
    artists used there grids over and over. The grid was placed between the
    model and the artist. (I think it is Deuer who has one shown in one of his
    prints) Carolyn has made one transparent grid image that will be used over
    and over. Bravo!

    Judith Decker

    ---