Re: Printing grids on images

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 07:43:12 PDT

    In a message dated 8/5/00 10:40:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
    Jhirunrtx writes:

    << Another skill that kids just don't have is
     tying a knot. Some of my second and even third graders can't tie their
     because their parents buy them velcro. One year we made mobiles in third
     grade and it was a nightmare teaching kids to tie. Janet

    I too have had this problem and wondered about it - maybe just my kids.- I
    We have knot tying lessons - and yes even shoe tying lessons. Montessorri
    has a shoe tying board I thought of buying for my room - or making one for
    and practicing knots and bows. These are skills that should be taught by
    and first grade homeroom Also some kids cannot write their name in kinder
    and I practice that with them too!!! Roberta