Re: Printing grids on images

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 07:43:12 PDT

    In a message dated 8/5/00 10:40:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
    Jhirunrtx writes:

    << Another skill that kids just don't have is
     tying a knot. Some of my second and even third graders can't tie their
    shoes
     because their parents buy them velcro. One year we made mobiles in third
     grade and it was a nightmare teaching kids to tie. Janet

    I too have had this problem and wondered about it - maybe just my kids.- I
    thought.
    We have knot tying lessons - and yes even shoe tying lessons. Montessorri
    has a shoe tying board I thought of buying for my room - or making one for
    tying
    and practicing knots and bows. These are skills that should be taught by
    kinder
    and first grade homeroom Also some kids cannot write their name in kinder
    and I practice that with them too!!! Roberta

    ---