Re: measuring / real world experience

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 06:03:15 PDT

    It's a shame when we are about the only class left where application
    takes place. And, it is most often application of necessity and desire
    rather than contrived and imposed. Much like the students who learn
    from jobs or hobbies, real world application is where learning makes
    sense and sticks. My baby, (father of triplets), worked since he was 12.
    When he was overseeing the construction of our house, he double checked
    measurements daily. I over heard one worker call down to another, "it's
    33 inches and three little marks". Later he fired the crew when he found
    the 2nd floor walls 3 inches out of plumb as they were starting the roof.
    He took the roof off, and finished the job himself.
                                                    Woody in KC

    --
                           To respond to me privately via E-mail
                               click on  wduncan