Re: the application level

From: Batmom44
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 05:59:31 PDT

    In a message dated 8/6/00 12:44:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    Pablo90512 writes:

    << My AP apologised profusely saying she felt sorry we had to sit through the
     inservice when it didn't apply to us. I chuckled and said...what do you
    mean
     by that......everything we do is at the Application level. She gave me a
     most confused look..HUH????...
     Figuring out how much warp you need for an area, measurement, ect....
     I poured it on. >>
    What you should have said is "You're right. We understand learning through
    application. We're sorry for your loss." It is really sad how the "other"
    subject areas talk all about learning through application, authentic
    learning, portfolio and performance assessment, and go right on doing what
    they have always done. Except apparently a little less. I think I remember
    learning how to use a ruler to measure in 3rd grade. they may have taught it
    in second but i missed that grade. And when you consider that there was no
    art class, that means my "other" teachers have to have done it. Of course, I
    am pretty old.
    Reatha

    ---