Re: Measuring

From: Jackie Aust (jab1997)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 15:09:26 PDT

    I have been teaching for 17 years now and it does frustrate me that
    students can not read a ruler, 11th and 12th graders. If I give
    instructions for measurement of 2 and 1/4, I hate the question, how many
    lines past the two is that? About 3 years ago, I promised myself that I
    would continuously reinforce the use of the ruler in my art class in
    some way. It has helped, and Now I get the statement, this is art, not
    math class. If I didn't learn it in Math, what makes you think I will
    learn it here.

    Jackie

    ---