Re: Your advice: Masters in Art Ed program?

From: KLMVisArt
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 13:31:02 PDT

    Eliza,
    I had a bachelors in fine art studio and went on to get my MAT in AE from
    Rhode Island College (actually I'm still finishing my thesis). The program
    could probably be completed in two years. It took me three as the mother of
    two young children. Stephanie talked about the one year at RISD (hi
    stephanie, wonder if we've met somewhere along the way...). Dr. Paul Sproll
    is the director of art education at RISD and a wonderful person from what I
    know of him. The Museum of Art, RISD, is a wonderful place (great teacher ed
    workshops, also I'd talk to Dr. Sproll about Project New Directions- also
    wonderful). Have you visited RISD? The sense of history and atmospere is
    lovely. If you'd ever like to visit Providence I'd be happy to serve as a
    guide if I can (again, a mother of 2). Rhode Island College might be a
    longer program but my experience was at a pace that allowed me to foster
    professional connections and friendships that mean a great deal to me...
    My email is KLMVisArt
    I wish you the best of luck. I loved being in my studio for the years
    between my degree paths, but going for art ed certification was such a gift
    (offered a great deal of connection opportunity and personal fufillment,
    really rounding off my experience as an artist),
    Kerry

    ---