Question about AOL and links

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2000 - 12:37:43 PDT

    Another simple dumb question from me. My sister-in-law in Jackson says
    that she can not get the links to work that I send in my e-mails. Like this:
            http://www.taospaint.com/SlideShow.html
    I thought it was just her, or some setting in her computer. She said
    that she
    was using AOL 5.0 and thought it should give her up to date performance.
    Then, I saw on ZDTV that links in e-mails only work for AOL users if
    they are
    sending to another AOL user. Now that is real dumb. Here is a top notch
    service provider who wants to keep customers. Why do they do it.
            If you are an AOL user, get back with me and let me know if this true.
    And, do you know why they would put this restriction on their software ?
                                                            Woody in KC

    --
                           To respond to me privately via E-mail
                               click on  wduncan