Re: Largely useless to Students ????

From: Ann Heineman (aheinema-state.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 16:42:05 PDT

    Yes, folks, many administrators and teachers of the "core" subjects
    consider measuring and even memorization as "low order thinking skills."
    Very sad. I start training my students to "read" and measure with a ruler
    in third grade. Consider it my duty that my students have a good foundation
    and we enjoy being creative with what others dismiss as worthless.

    |Is it the skills and concept behind the grid that is worthless ???

    ---