Re: Largely useless to Students ????

From: PHimmelber
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 21:17:10 PDT

    When we consider the importance of knowing how to measure for all students
    and how to enlarge a picture for the the prospective muralists out there... I
    reluctantly align myself with the math side of things... as I finish another
    grid for a mural I am working on in Rankin, Tx. The utility of the grid is
    rather narrow and a simple concept to teach and to learn. No skill is
    worthless, I was addressing utility and not worth. I agree with Janice who
    says, "My fourth graders do a lesson that uses a grid and I make them draw
    their own. To me, it is as much a lesson on how to use a ruler as how to use
    a grid. Most students don't know how to read a ruler. " Peter

    ---