Re: Largely useless to Students ????

From: Jhirunrtx
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 20:54:26 PDT

    My fourth graders do a lesson that uses a grid and I make them draw their
    own. To me, it is as much a lesson on how to use a ruler as how to use a
    grid. Most students don't know how to read a ruler.
    At the Dallas Musuem of art, there is a large painting of a soldier (can't
    remember the name right now) that still shows the pencil grid. I point that
    out to students when they go so they can understand how the artist used the
    grid. Janet

    ---