Re: Art Budgets (need lessons using paper)

From: Jhirunrtx
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 20:38:26 PDT

    Origami, paper sculptures, paper pulp sculptures, gadget prints,( if you can
    find some paint). Do the kids bring supplies from home? you can ask them to
    bring markers and crayons to class. Go to your local grocery story and see if
    you can beg some styrofoam trays from them for printmaking. You can print
    with markers. Just color the printing plate with markers, dampen the piece
    of paper and lay it over the printing plate. It makes very good prints. Also,
    I use left over copy paper to make sketchbooks. They can fold them together
    and cover them with a sheet of construction paper. Don't have any, use
    grocery sacks. I'm sure someone has a stash somewhere.
    Good luck. My first year at a new school, I had 600 students and $200 for
    the entire year. I improvised a WHOLE lot. Janet

    ---