Re: Art Budgets (need lessons using paper)

From: L. P. Skeen (lpskeen@living-tree.net)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 20:31:25 PDT

    > > I do have a kiln, just have to find a cheap source of clay. Janet

    Janet,
    This is going to sound outrageous, but most native clays fire in the
    earthenware range (^06 or so). You could have a project where the kids dig
    their own clay as an experiment to see "how the Native Americans did it".
    If you have lots of "red mud" in your area, you probably won't have to dig
    far to find the clay. Then they can make something out of their clay, and
    you can fire it. :)