Largely useless to Students ????

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 20:30:05 PDT

    Is it the skills and concept behind the grid that is worthless ???

    > Dennis... I see a gimme math application here and wonder how much we benefit
    > the student by having them measure and layout their own grids? I know that
    > time is precious, but in the interest of giving the student a hands on lesson
    > in using a scale... well, I can't imagine a better way. This goes far beyond
    > the hand/eye or proportional development that is largely useless to the
    > students. What do you think?
    > Peter

    Ask Kansas artist Stan Herd if he made use of the concept of using a
    grid to
    enlarge proportions that his high school art teacher taught him.
            http://www.stanherd.com/
            http://www.atchison.org/Tourism/Erthwork.htm

                                    Just a question, Woody in KC

    --