RE: candidate bush

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 12:39:17 PDT

      "We want our teachers to be trained so they can meet the obligations,
    their obligations as teachers. We want them to know how to teach the science
    of reading. In order to make sure there's not this kind of federal—federal
    cufflink."

      from a speech given by gw bush, march 2000.

      "federal *cufflink*" - is that like a federal gag order, or is it the
    secret code name for the new Carnivore program?
      "trained to...meet their obligations as teachers" - is anyone going to
    train the parents to meet theirs?
      and, just the "science of reading"? I hope they know how to teach more
    than that, but it should put quite a twist on phys.ed. classes. Maybe now
    the kids can read all that literature on safe sex!

      Wry mood. Putting carpet down and the fumes are...interesting

      '>))

    ---