Re: Printing grids on images

From: GTBlack
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 10:49:56 PDT

    I can't speak authoritatively, but I don't think you can print the grid in PS, but...

    Here are 2 other ways to do it-

    1. Create a new layer on top of all other layers. With the grid on as a guide, use the line tool to draw a grid on the new layer.
    -or-
    2. Turn the grid on. Do a screen capture. Open the screen capture in PS and print out. the downside of this method is that it captures at 72 ppi which is really low res if you intend to have a quality print out.

    (PC- press the 'Print Screen' button on the keyboard. This copies a picture of the screen to the clipboard. Do File > New. When it asks you what dimensions, just click ok. PS measures the dimensions of the image on the clipboard and uses those as a default. Do Edit > Paste to insert the screen shot into the doc..... MAC- On the new iMacs do Shift+Command+4 and drag the mouse to define the area you want to capture. In PS, do File > New. Edit > Paste....on the MACs you can also do Shift+Command+3 to do a screen capture that automatically saves on image on your hard drive. In PS, do File > Open. Locate the file on the hard drive named Picture 1.)

    geoff black

     croberts wrote:

    > In PhotoShop (or other software)...when I put a grid on top of an image...I
    > can't figure out how to print the grid when printing the image. How can I
    > do this?
    >
    > This would be good when students are going to do a grid enlargement.
    >
    > Carolyn Roberts
    > Kinston High School
    > Kinston NC 28501
    > croberts