Re: Auction Item Ideas

From: DeDeRuss
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 08:49:42 PDT

    In a message dated 8/4/00 5:58:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time, jane
    writes:

    << The very eager and enthusiastic auction chairwomen have contacted to see
    what
     kind of projects my classes can to to sell at our spring fundraising auction.
     I remember some cool ideas here on the list from some time ago, and I wonder
     if there are any others. These women will pay for supplies, so we can do
    some
     really deluxe things. thanks >>
    Last year at our school auction each grade contributed to painting a small
    wooden bench. Our maintenance man who is a great woodworker made 9 small
    benches and painted them in various pastel colors. (they can also be bought
    unpainted at craft stores) Each grade had a theme to their bench.
    Example....3rd grade studied endangered animals so each child painted an
    animal on the bench. The whole bench was covered with animals. 2nd grade
    studies the rainforest....they painted rainforest flowers and vines on the
    bench....etc. We auctioned off 9 benches from each grade....first through 8.
     The children did it during art class...each child taking a short amount of
    time from class to get their turn to paint the bench. They looked nice, kind
    of primitive looking...... and raised a lot of money. (One mother paid $300
    at the auction for a bench!) Just an idea.
    Diana

    ---