Re: The ever requested "Artist's Birthday site " !!! :)

From: MRJWITZ
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 18:02:44 PDT

    great site..the kids love to celebrate the artists' birthdays.....it helps
    the kids relate to these artists as real people having real lives..especially
    because I attempt to connect art with history and engage my students in the
    exploration of what the artist is telling us about the times he lived, the
    world around him, and his connection to that world as well as the comparison
    to our world.....I give out colored m&m's or other colored candies for the
    artists that we study on their birthdays.....once in a while we find a
    student with the same birthday....then I tell them that's why they have
    special ART Qualities !!!! thanks, christine. robin

    Robin

    ---