Re: art retirement party

From: MRJWITZ
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 15:39:30 PDT

    I made a great pillow for my principal when she retired....I had each
    employee design a square with fabric crayons...I transfered (ironed) them
    onto a large piece of fabric (actually two) and bordered it with "teacher
    fabric"....sewed it together to make a pillow....I realize you don't have all
    that much time...but you may be able to create a pillow and have the guests
    at the party draw on it with fabric markers...at the party....maybe even as a
    surprize...and then present it to her...or him....our principal just loved
    the pillow....even more than the $$$$$$$$$$$$watch......it was filled with
    soooo many memories....and in her retirement...she could relax and remember.
    the fun part of it was...after the teachers and staff made their
    contributions it was so interesting to see the different memories each had of
    her and the many years at our school. I hope someone makes one for
    me!!!!!!!!!!!good luck, robin

    Robin

    ---