Re: ugrading digital art lab??

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe.us)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 09:50:40 PDT

    Try contacting Apple and the Adobe web sites for free upgrades or known fixes, if no satisfactory
    fixes are available from them let me know and I'll give you a possible fix that worked for me but do try those vendors first because your situation may be different than mine. The ATM extension could be your problem, my solution was to turn it off in the Extensions Manager and restart.

    >>> tbrudnak 07/31 11:35 AM >>>
    Okay, all you digeratii out there, I really need some advice. Our lab at
    school has 29 G3, G4 computers and we are trying to upgrade the OS to 9
    so that we can use Mac Manager. (We had been using At Ease but it
    doesn't work with the G4s--so the tech tells me). I went in today after
    she loaded the new OS and set up a password for me. I could not get
    Illustrator 8.01 to load. Got a type 3 error message. Photoshop loaded
    just fine. I hear we also have to upgrade ATM on all the machines.
    Have to get to work on this as I can't stand the hair pulling sessions
    in Sept.

    Anyone have any experience on this topic?
    I would be grateful for some advice.
    Thanks,
    Teri Brudnak
    Corona del Mar high School