Re: gifted and talented

From: Batmom44
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 04:30:41 PDT

    In a message dated 8/3/00 2:18:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, cn210

    << Hello Readers!!
     I need some help. I am a 1st year teacher who has
     just been hired to teach at a school that has a great
     gifted and talented program. Does anyone have any
     suggestions of lessons that would be great with gifted
     and talented, and also integrating other subjects. I
     would greatly appreciate any in put. >>
    I have always thought that it is not so much "what" gifted and talented
    students are taught but "how". I always build open ended problem solving type
    lessons with all my students. I structure the ones for gifted and talented
    with more challenge than my regular classes.