glossies

From: Batmom44
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 04:18:39 PDT

    The acrylic glossies that I have are great for painting on surfaces that
    acrylics usually won't adhere to well. On surfaces such as glass they can be
    heated in an oven so that they will survive the dishwasher. I have used them
    on leather, glass, plastic and metal with great success. I did an on-going
    recycling project one year. The students got extra credit for bringing in an
    object that the family was ready to throw away and redoing it so that it was
    attractive again. It didn't apply to broken items unless they were able to do
    the repairs before bringing them in. And we had to use a little discretion. A
    coffee pot, toaster or toaster oven was not a good choice. :-)) But we
    did some great lamps, metal canisters, etc.
    Reatha

    ---