Ross Art Paste

From: Maahmaah
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 18:53:44 PDT

    FYI from another list:

    << Hi Everyone,

     Just wanted to followup on the conversations we has a
     few weeks ago regarding Ross Art Paste. We ended with
     some question as to whether it was acid free or not.

     I contacted Dick Blick who put me in touch with the
     manufacturer, American Glue Corp. The man who created
     Ross Art Paste, named Joe Ginder, was very helpful. He
     said that the paste is indeed methyl cellulose with a
     small amount of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) added
     to it as a thickener. Runs about a 9-11 ph.

     This was great news to me since my local art supply
     wanted $12 for about 2 ounces of methyl cell, but Ross
     Art Pages costs about $2.83 for the same amount.

    attached mail follows:

    Hi Everyone,

    Just wanted to followup on the conversations we has a
    few weeks ago regarding Ross Art Paste. We ended with
    some question as to whether it was acid free or not.

    I contacted Dick Blick who put me in touch with the
    manufacturer, American Glue Corp. The man who created
    Ross Art Paste, named Joe Ginder, was very helpful. He
    said that the paste is indeed methyl cellulose with a
    small amount of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) added
    to it as a thickener. Runs about a 9-11 ph.

    This was great news to me since my local art supply
    wanted $12 for about 2 ounces of methyl cell, but Ross
    Art Pages costs about $2.83 for the same amount.

    Hope this helps,

    Kevin Thomas