teaching lesson for interview

From: michelle ullrich (shell)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 17:00:10 PDT

    Hi I was wondering if someone can help me ? I have a second interview for a school in PA. It is teaching a 45 min lesson to 15 8th graders with 5 facualty members observing me. (very nervous) The subject is anthing on the Jackson era. I dont even know where to begin. My teachoing experience lies in geography and world cultures not american history. I have researched the era but my question is what should I teach and how do I make it creative enough and know my history also since I dont have much time. I was thinking of doing JIGSAW a co-operative activity where the students are put in groups and learn the material and then teach it to different groups. help please! I really want this job.....
    Michelle

    ---