Re: phone wire for AZ teachers

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 13:24:59 PDT

    Maggie,
    Is your wire coated with plastic tube? My kids discovered that we can
    save the tubes by pulling the wire out by segments then snipping the
    colored tubes into various sized beads. We have had more fun
    designing complicated stringing patterns with the plastic beads than
    we did with the wire.

    I save cardboard from white boxes and make a stringing board. Cut 2
    slots on one edge of the cardboard about as far apart as a neck. This
    will hold the 2 ends of the string secure while stringing alternate
    sides and the pattern is displayed on the white cardboard as it
    develops. Real cheap lesson and the kids carry the cut beads in a zip
    lock bag taped to the cardboard. This project goes on the bus and out
    to recess etc. On a field trip in the spring these boards came out of
    back packs from all over the bus. Can't say it kept them quiet
    though.

    Sharon from NJ
    --To respond to me directly click on heneborn

    ----------
    >From: Maggie White <mwhiteaz>

    >Subject: phone wire for AZ teachers
    >Date: Mon, Jul 31, 2000, 3:30 PM

    > Hi, all (or rather, AZ folks),

    > I finally got a chance to plow through all the wire the workmen left me,
    > and it's more than I'll use in my whole career. If you would like a big
    > box of it and are planning a trip to the White Mtns, please, let me know
    > and it's yours. I could meet you in Pinetop if you don't go through
    > Whiteriver.

    > I'm planning a trip to Tucson next week; if you live there I could bring
    > it to you.

    > Maggie

    ---