Re: teacher driving you nuts....

From: Dennis Morris (theartboss)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 08:04:48 PDT

    > > better. Better teachers, better facilitators,
    > better "inspirers."
    > > So how do we get rid of those that are not doing
    > the job?> Patty
    > Problem is...you can't. The only thing we can do is
    > bitch about it...which
    > we actually do quite well here. Toodles......
    I agree, we can't but most States have a way of
    removing tenured teachers who are not doing their job.
     The main requirement is a Principal and
    Superintendant who are willing to follow the rules.
    In Illinois, a teacher must be given a chance to
    remediate ( the State will even provide $$$ to hire
    other teachers to help the wayward teacher improve.
    If the teacher fails to improve areas defined as
    deficits in their remediation plan the district may
    fire the teacher. This process usually takes a year
    or more.
    Dennis Morris